Upholstery Project - Kilim Fabric Armchair
A recent project we made, an antique Kilim Fabric Armchair upholstered with some new beautiful aztec - patterned design, with an earthy and warm colour scheme.
Wood was restored and painted with chalk paint, to give that smooth matt look, matching the coffee table with natural french polished finished top.
These two pieces will be used as a reading corner in a maltese typical house of character, with beautiful maltese patterned tiles.
This Kilim Fabric Armchair was one of the most rewarding projects we had this year.
First we started dismantling the old fabric, removing each piece one by one without destroying the pieces, so we could use them to cutout the pattern for the new fabric. Using a staple remover we had to remove hundreds of staples which where all rusted and broken. Extra care was taken to remove all cutting edges so the new fabric would not get torn eventually.[foogallery id="1669"]
New foam and cushioning was added and rockwool was replaced where needed. Once the foam was in place we cut the new pieces and starting slowly from the bottom we started to fix the fabric. Ending with the red piping being glued to close up the project.[foogallery id="1664"]
The Kilim Fabric Armchair Reading Corner
Once the foam was in place we cut the new pieces and starting slowly from the bottom we started to fix the fabric. Ending with the red piping[foogallery id="1624"]
Close up details and Fabric
These are some detail shots and photos showing some behind the scenes and a beautiful close up of this truly beautiful Kilim Aztec inspired fabric.[foogallery id="1672"]